Broken bones… chest pains… difficulty breathing… diabetes complications… auto accidents… serious illness, pain or cuts…
Whatever you need, the Emergency Department at Pioneers is here for you.
We are a proud resource for our community and are prepared to professionally and compassionately care for any medical emergency that may arise. Pioneers’ ER is designated as a Level IV Trauma Center. This means we provide initial evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities and can also provide surgery and critical-care services, as defined in the scope of services for trauma care. A trauma-trained nurse is immediately available, and physicians are available upon the patient’s arrival to the Emergency Department.
Depending on the care you need, your team will include your physician, nurses, cardio-pulmonary therapists, radiology technologists and rehabilitation therapists. Transfer agreements exist with other regional trauma centers for use when conditions warrant a higher level of treatment.
Physician care is provide by one of our provider physicians:
Albert Krueger, M.D.
Kellie Turner, M.D.
You will find exceptional and compassionate care at Pioneers. All nursing team members maintain advanced education and skills in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Trauma Nurse Core Course. Some of our nursing team members maintain Certified Emergency Nurse, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course as well as other advanced skill designations. Our medical staff maintains advanced education and skills in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support
Pioneers Emergency Department collaborates with a number of regional healthcare resources to expand the emergency services and advanced medical facilities available to our patients.
- Rio Blanco Fire Protection District delivers 24/7/365 ambulance service for residents and visitors throughout eastern Rio Blanco county and transports them to the Pioneers emergency room.
- St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Junction is the referral center for cardiac trauma, neurosurgery, critical care and oncology care.
- CareFlite offers a fixed-wing or helicopter to transport patients to St Mary’s or other medical facilities, depending on the need.
- Valley View Hospital located in Glenwood Springs provides obstetrical , orthopedic and surgical care.
- The Memorial Hospital at Craig provides obstetrical and surgical care.