Quit Smart is a four-week tobacco cessation program that helps people gradually break their dependence on cigarettes and other tobacco products using all available tools, from meditation to medication.
Call the Colorado QuitLine for free support from a Quit Coach and free nicotine patches.
Free personalized support and quit plan
A personal quit plan from an experienced Quit Coach, plus tips and support that increases your chances of quitting for good.
Free nicotine patches
A free supply of nicotine patches that control your cravings for tobacco will be mailed directly to you. In order to receive free nicotine patches, you must participate in the Colorado QuitLine program and be at least 18 years old.
Free self-help guide with quit tools to help you be tobacco free
Lots of information, techniques and tools used by many tobacco users who have successfully quit. Includes great ways to cope with stress and create a happier, healthier lifestyle while you are quitting and after your quit date.
The QuitLine works!
You are seven times more likely to quit tobacco with the QuitLine than if you try to quit on your own. So call us for a great start to your new life without tobacco.
Three good reasons to call it quits:
- Your family. Live a healthier, longer life so you can be there for the people who love you and need you.
- Your health. Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, chronic bronchitis, asthma and emphysema. Chewing tobacco causes sores, gum recession and oral cancer.
- Your money. The average tobacco user spends $2,000-$3,000 a year on tobacco. Think what else you could buy with that much money.
- Monday-Thursday – 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday – 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday – 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- They’re glad you called – Your call will be answered by a QuitLine Customer Service Representative, in English or Spanish, who will ask for basic information such as your name, address, telephone number, etc. All information is kept strictly confidential. Then you will be connected to a QuitCoach.
- Getting to know your tobacco history – First your Quit Coach will explain how the QuitLine program works. Then you will be asked some general questions about your tobacco use, reasons for quitting, and any previous attempts to quit. You will also be asked about any tobacco-related health issues you may have. All information is kept strictly confidential. You don’t have to answer any questions that you don’t want to.
- Your personalized quit plan – Your Quit Coach will ask you to pick a quit date and then work with you to develop a personalized quit plan. Your quit plan includes tips to help you prepare for your quit date, and lots of ways to help make quitting easier once you begin.
- Understanding nicotine patches – Your Quit Coach will also explain the different kinds of products available to help you quit and ask which ones, if any, you will be using. If you want to use the QuitLine’s free nicotine patches, your coach will ask you a few health questions. Depending on your answers, written medical consent from a doctor may be required. Your coach will explain how to correctly use the patches and order your first free supply, which will be mailed directly to you.
- We’ll talk to you soon – That’s it, until your next scheduled telephone call with a Quit Coach. You can also call the QuitLine to ask questions, seek advice, or just get some moral support. We’re here to help you every step of the way.