“The PMC Home Health staff provided my mother-in-law, Judi, with the highest quality and professional care during her battle with cancer. More importantly they provided her with a sense of security and support that allowed her to remain independent and at home during her illness. Our community is so fortunate to have this service. It was a blessing for Judi and our family.” –Trina, Meeker Resident
The Care You Count On – At Home
Pioneers Medical Center Home Health is dedicated to helping people of all ages while in the comfort of your own home.
Pioneers Medical Center Home Health is committed to providing high-quality, in-home care by an experienced, compassionate team of professionals. Working with the client, his or her family and physician, a personalized plan of care is created. Those who need medical assistance and support while ill or recovering from an injury or surgery are cared for in the comfort of their own home by skilled nurses, home health aides, and therapists. Along with the assistance of home care team members, we also offer Personal Emergency Response Systems, Medication Alarm Boxes, connection with community resources and regular Blood Pressure and Foot Care Clinics each month.
Pioneers Medical Center Home Health offices are located at 575 3rd Street.
You are welcome to contact us via phone at 970-878-9265 or to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please note that our offices will remain at the 3rd Street location even after the opening of the new Pioneers Medical Center in June 2015.
The following areas of service include, but are not limited to:
Registered nurses provide:
- Medication and disease management and teaching, IV therapy, ostomy, wound and catheter care and teaching, and resource referrals
- Coordination and supervision of services and case management
Certified Nurse Aides
Home care aides under the supervision of a registered nurse provide:
- Personal care and hygiene
- Exercise plan and ambulation
- Assistance with activities of daily living
Registered physical therapists provide:
- Education and establishment of exercise programs, gait training, safety in the home and fall prevention
- Pain control
- Restorative and rehabilitative services after surgery
- Modalities and neuromuscular re-education to improve strength, coordination and balance
Registered occupational therapists provide assistance with:
- Resuming activities of daily living including: dressing, meal preparation, home safety, etc.
- Reaching the highest level of independence in the home and work setting
Speech Language Pathologist
Registered speech language pathologists provide assistance with:
- Evaluating, teaching and correcting speech, language, cognition, voice and swallowing problems
Personal Emergency Response Systems
Allows direct access to the 24 hour on-call response center for emergency assistance at the press of a button. A lightweight, waterproof personal activator is worn around the neck or wrist. This provides a peace of mind for clients and family members.
Medication Alarm Boxes
Electronic medication box reminds and dispenses medication in accordance with prescribed drug regimens. Medication boxes may be filled and organized by a licensed nurse and/or taught to client or caregiver.
- Monthly Blood Pressure Clinic – 3rd Wednesday of every month at the Chuckwagon meal
- Monthly Foot Clinic – 2nd Tuesday of every month at The Pines Apartments (875 Water St.)
Tips for Finding Reliable Care
Choosing a home care provider raises many questions. There are many different types of home
care services, and the choices can sometimes be confusing to those seeking care.
This checklist provided by Pioneers Hospital Home Health will help you make an informed
decision by ensuring that you have asked the right questions and received information about all
of the issues and responsibilities related to finding an appropriate agency to provide care for an
elderly, frail or disabled person in a private home. Private duty care is provided by agencies who
work directly with families and the families pay a fee for the services provided.