Pioneers Medical Center offers personalized, compassionate service from fellow community members who understand the importance of always doing what’s best for you. Women-specific health services include:
- OB/GYN care at Meeker Family Health
- Trails to Health and other health programs
- Incontinence treatment
At Pioneers Medical Center, our Mammography technologists are accredited through the American College of Radiology (ACR), meeting the national requirements to ensure the highest standards of care. The Radiologists who oversee the department also must meet the same stringent standards. Yearly continuing education is a requirement for maintaining their licenses.
PMC now offers 3D Mammograms. There are a couple significant benefits of 3D Mammography that improve the patient care and safety. The first is the clarity of the image is much improved and will allow for a better read of the images. And the patient will be exposed to about 50% less radiation.
There are a variety of services provided in this department.
- Detailed mammogram screenings. (Recommended for women annually beginning at the age of 40.)
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Breast self-exams are important for women to perform monthly to help in finding any changes in your breast(s).
- Mammograms may help in finding anomalies up to 3 years before they can be felt.
- A small percentage of breast cancers are not visible on mammograms.
- 85% of breast biopsies are benign.
Source: Being proactive in your health can save your life!
To schedule a mammogram appointment: call (970)-878-9269
A prescription or order from your doctor is not necessary.
7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
Pioneers Medical Center
100 Pioneers Medical Center Drive